Getting more Instagram followers can often seem like a dark art. It’s hard to understand how to get more followers and Instagram growth strategies are always changing. In the old days, it was simply enough to post great content and use the right hashtags to gain visibility. Unfortunately, as Instagram’s feed algorithm becomes more personalized, it becomes harder and harder to get more exposure on Instagram.
At Gold Nitro, we’ve helped connect over 15 million Instagram followers to all our customers. Along the way we’ve learned a lot about what works when it comes to getting more Instagram followers.
Our research shows that the most cost effective way to get more Instagram followers is a combination of good Instagram practices and running automation software to accelerate your growth. We advise our clients to avoid buying fake Instagram followers and stay away from purchasing sponsored shoutouts. Neither of these strategies has proven effective to get more Instagram followers and both are more likely to hurt your account rather than to get you more Instagram followers.
We believe that these five areas are the most important ways to grow organically on Instagram:
- Content is king: On Instagram, content is the reason why some of your posts will get more engagement than others. It’s really important to take note of what kind of photos and captions your audience engages with. For instance, longer text posts have been found to have higher engagement rates.
- Hashtags: Picking the best hashtags can be tricky, but make sure you avoid really popular ones. Your ideal hashtag has 10 times as many posts as you have followers. So if you have 1000 followers, look for niche hashtags that have 10-20k posts.
- Posting: With the new algorithm changes, there isn’t a right or wrong time to post. However, it is important that you do post consistently and regularly. Ideally we’ve seen 3-7 times a week to work the best.
- Stories: Instagram stories are still relatively new, but they are super effective for maintaining a daily audience. It’s easier to try out different types of content here without risking your engagement ratio. Some popular accounts only grow through their stories. Make sure you also add hashtags to any stories that you post.
- Messages: It helps a lot to send a welcome messages to any new followers joining you account. A simple, ‘hey, thanks for following’ can go along way. Research has shown that this will also improve your chances of being shown in your followers’ feeds.
Our approach is simple and effective: you get to focus on your content, while we focus on your growth. Many have started businesses using our help. Signup for a free trial at Gold Nitro to get more Instagram followers today.
Let us know what you think of this post below.